How Dental Care of Riverside Helps Fight Gum Disease
Periodontal (Gum) Disease Treatment
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with gingivitis or periodontitis? Unfortunately, millions of Americans have been diagnosed with gingivitis or periodontitis, and up until recently, there was no long-term, minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment. For many years the only solution to solve these diseases was for Dr. Sheth to perform a surgical treatment. This required her to clean the root surface of the patients teeth along with the use of antibiotics. This is an extremely uncomfortable treatment and a temporary solution, which would require treatments every three months.
The Perio Tray® by Perio Protect: Non-Invasive Therapy for Gum Disease
Gum disease is caused by a bacterial infection that is hidden below your gums. Dental cleanings can effectively treat the infection, but when you return home the cycle of infection often continues. Bacterial cells grow back in just hours after a cleaning, and toothbrush, rinse and floss can’t reach deep enough to address the infection at home. The Perio Tray® by Perio Protect gently applies medication deep under the gums to fight the infections. You use it at home for just minutes each day. The Tray is comfortable, flexible, and custom-fit precisely for your mouth. With Perio Tray therapy, you have a new chance against the infections. In additional to healthier gums, patients commonly report whiter teeth and fresher breath. If you’ve been told that you have gum disease (gingivitis or periodontitis), ask our team if Perio Trays are right for you. Video overview of how Perio Protect works:
Comfortable, Effective and Customized for You
Perio Protect is the most comprehensive and effective homecare for patients with gum disease (gingivitis and periodontitis). Brushing, rinsing and flossing are important. But these efforts fail to reach deep below the gum line where bacteria thrive—in the periodontal pockets. Traditionally, deep cleanings, known as root planing and scaling, or surgery have been required to reach deep into the pockets to treat advanced gum disease. With Perio Protect, you can deliver medication into pockets at home with the custom-fabricated Perio Trays®. The trays are designed with a patented seal to place and hold medication where it is most effective—at the site of infection deep below the gum line. A low concentration of hydrogen peroxide gently and thoroughly cleanses the periodontal pockets, combatting bacteria every day, while also whitening your teeth and freshening your breath. While there is no “cure” for gum disease, it can be managed with daily treatment to prevent pathogenic bacteria from recolonizing. Our goal is to stop the progression of disease and help you avoid repeating more invasive treatments ever again. It is so much easier to maintain your healthy smile with Perio Protect.
It’s as Easy as 1-2-3
1. Talk to your team at Dental Care of Riverside. The dental team will be able to determine if Perio Protect is right for you.
2. Impressions of your mouth will be taken and sent to our lab. We custom-fabricate your Perio Trays to gently deliver medication below the gum line. And keep it there long enough to combat infection.
3. You pick up your Perio Trays from the dental office and use the trays at home for just minutes each day. Your dental team will show you how to place a small amount of prescription medicine in each tray. You wear it for just minutes each day. Your dental team will also design a treatment plan specifically for you. You follow the directions at home and return to the office to make sure the gums are healthy. The key is daily protection. And these gentle trays carry out their duty while you kick back and stream your favorite show. Or take a shower. Or walk your dog. For additional information, visit https://www.perioprotect.com Video suggestions:
- Stop the Bleeding: https://www.perioprotect.com/aiovg_videos/patients/
- Easier Dental Appointments: https://www.perioprotect.com/aiovg_videos/easier-dental-appointments-2/
- Fresher Breath and Whiter Teeth: https://www.perioprotect.com/aiovg_videos/fresher-breath-whiter-teeth/
PerioProtect is known throughout the dental industry as the most effective way to fight gingivitis and periodontitis. If you are interested in learning more about PerioProtect please give us a call at (951) 666-8998 or send us a quick email.