Orthodontic treatment that doesn’t interfere with your busy life! A guide to Invisalign®
Dr. Archana Sheth has distinguished herself from other dentists in Riverside and well beyond with considerable, diverse, and ongoing training. Due to her comprehensive knowledge of advanced dental services and techniques, Dr. Sheth is able to provide many choices for treatment to our valued patients from across southwestern California.
For instance, malocclusion is a common condition. Many individuals have imbalances with their teeth and jaws, often rooted in childhood and having too little space in the jaw to support healthy or “normal” development. So, orthodontic treatment at Dental Care of Riverside is vast and includes clear aligner therapy such as Invisalign®.
Invisalign® may be appropriate for teens and adults alike. In fact, as this type of clear aligner has evolved, Align Technology (the makers behind Invisalign®) debuted a “teen” option to aid in compliance and optimal treatment outcomes. Furthermore, what started as a treatment for more minor cosmetic issues has evolved as a viable therapy for patients with more extensive “bite” issues, not just modest crowding, gaps, and misalignment.
So, many more patients can benefit from all that Invisalign® has to offer as an alternative to conventional “fixed” braces made from silver-colored stainless steel brackets and wires. These benefits include:
- Invisalign® aligners are effective. The aligners place consistent pressure on the teeth. When worn as directed, they incrementally reposition the teeth to correct misaligned teeth and jaws.
- The aligners are not visible when patients smile. They are made from transparent thermoplastic. So, they are not noticeable like conventional metal braces.
- The aligners are comfortable. Simply slide them into your mouth. Since the plastic used to make the aligners is smooth and flexible, the adjustment period is minimal. Discomfort associated with pressure on the teeth is temporary.
- Invisalign® aligners hold up well and are easy to clean and maintain. Contrast this to braces, which can break and require in-office repairs.
- Last but certainly not least, Invisalign® aligners are removable! Conventional braces are secured to the teeth. They can only be removed or adjusted by your dental professional. Invisalign® can be taken out when eating, brushing, flossing, and cleaning the aligners themselves.
Invisalign® fits in well with our patients’ active and busy lives. In around nine to 18 months, they enjoy better-looking, easier-to-clean, and overall healthier teeth. To find out more about the modern way to straighten teeth and correct bad bites, schedule an appointment at our office near UC Riverside. Dental Care of Riverside can be reached at (951) 666-8998.