An attractive, affordable “fix” for your “imperfect” teeth,
Dental bonding erases chips to gaps!
Maintaining regular appointments at Dental Care of Riverside and good hygiene at home helps support your smile’s long-term health and attractive appearance. Likewise, it is vital to jump on suspected problems as soon as they raise their ugly heads. For instance, minor gaps or chips will only worsen without treatment. Generally, minor problems can be resolved with relatively “minor” treatments.
Bonding is one of the easiest and most rewarding dental procedures around! Individuals from throughout southern California visit our office to benefit from the considerable expertise of our dental artist, Dr. Archana Sheth, and our team’s advanced capabilities in cosmetic dentistry. Bonding is a versatile, affordable, fast, conservative cosmetic dental procedure. Within just one visit, Dr. Sheth may eliminate the following esthetic concerns by skillfully performing the dental bonding process:
- Gaps between teeth
- Other spacing issues
- Wear and tear
- Stubborn stains
- Very dark or intrinsic tooth discoloration
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- “Short” teeth
- And much more
We eliminate these imperfections by covering them up. The process goes a little something like this:
- If Dr. Sheth determines that you are a good candidate to benefit from dental bonding, a “tooth-like” material is prepared
- This material, composite resin, is perfectly color-matched to blend in seamlessly with the surrounding tooth structure and your neighboring natural teeth
- The natural teeth are also prepared; preparation is minimal and involves slightly texturizing the surfaces of the teeth that will be treated with dental bonding
- A conditioning liquid is also applied to strengthen the bond between the tooth and the resin material
- Resin, a combination of plastic and glass-like particles, is applied by Dr. Sheth in layers. This step is where her artistry really shines! She knows how to place the resin precisely. So, it gets the desirable results and properly and naturally disguises your specific cosmetic concerns
- Once the material has been applied perfectly, it is secured to the tooth using a specialized dental instrument or curing light. This technique further strengthens the tooth
By building up damaged or worn enamel, dental bonding further prevents extensive damage to vulnerable tooth structures; for instance, fractures or cracks are avoided.
To find out more about this highly attractive process to boost the appeal of your smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Sheth. Call Dental Care of Riverside at (951) 666-8998.